If you’re thinking about replacing your old electric cooktop, you’re not alone. Older electric cooktops may be inefficient and space-consuming and are quickly going out of fashion. The best solution in such a case is the best downdraft electric cooktop. A downdraft electric cooktop will keep the air free of smoke, grease, and odor in the same way – if not more efficiently – than a regular electric cooktop would.
However, the biggest added benefit of a downdraft electric cooktop is that it does not require an overhead hood and hence will save you a lot of space in the kitchen. The unique design of downdraft cooktops allows them to pull air downwards through vents that are placed next to the heating elements. Before unwanted smoke gets the chance to spread in the kitchen, the downdraft electric cooktop will quickly absorb it and direct it outside safely.
A downdraft electric cooktop is a kitchen essential in today's date, and they come in many different designs that have their unique upsides. Below is a narrowed-down list of 10 best downdraft electric cooktops.
10 Best Downdraft Electric Cooktop Overview
GE PP9830SJSS 30 In. Cooktop
Comes with Bridge Element
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Downdraft Electric Cooktop Overview
- Top 10 Downdraft Electric Cooktop Reviews
- 1. Best Overall: GE PP9830DJBB Smoothtop Cooktop
- 2. Best Budget: Frigidaire FFEC3025UB Electric Cooktop
- 3. Best Powerful: Ramblewood EC4-604 Downdraft Cooktop
- 4. Best For Bridge Element: GE PP9830SJSS 30 Downdraft Cooktop
- 5. Multiple Sizes Availabilities: EMPV-IDCF9 36 Electric Induction Cooktop
- 6. Best Elegant Look: GE PP7030SJSS 30 Inch Electric Cooktop
- 7. Best Color Option: Frigidaire FFEC3024LB 30 Black Electric Cooktop
- 8. Best Large One: GE JP3030DJBB Smoothtop Electric Cooktop
- 9. Best Built In Cooktop: GE JP3030SJSS 30 Smoothtop
- 10. Best Fastest Cooktop: Frigidaire FFEC3625UB
- Consider Before Buying A Downdraft Electric Cooktop
- What is a Downdraft Electric Cooktop?
- 1. Size of Cooktop
- 2. Heating elements
- 3. Smooth Top
- 4. Bridge Elements
- 5. Safety Elements
- 6. Timer
- 7. Keeping Food Warm
- 8. Automatic Pan Size Recognition
- 9. Consider Advantages of Downdraft Cooktop
- 10. Consider Disadvantages of Downdraft Cooktop
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a downdraft electric cooktop?
- Do downdraft electric cooktops fit all kitchens?
- Is it easy to assemble and install?
- Should you get an electric downdraft cooktop or a gas one?
- How effective is the downdraft?
- Is it safe to use downdraft cooktop?
- What is the power consumption of downdraft electric cooktops?
- Final Verdict
Top 10 Downdraft Electric Cooktop Reviews
1. Best Overall: GE PP9830DJBB Smoothtop Cooktop
If you're searching for the best 30 inch downdraft electric cooktop, the GE PP9830DJBB may just be the right choice. It has a sophisticated design and will give your kitchen an instant update.
This black electric cooktop with a downdraft has more to offer than just an elegant outlook; it comes in a 30-inch standard size and is guaranteed to fit perfectly in all kitchens.
In addition, this downdraft cooktop has been designed, keeping in mind the safety of you and your family.
- Standard 30” size, designed to fit most if not all kitchens
- Powerboil which helps the cooktop to heat up much quicker than other downdraft electric cooktops. Pots and pans of different sizes can be used with ease on this cooktop.
- It comes with a Control Lock capability and will prevent unwanted activation, preventing accidents.
- It has heat indicator lights that will alert you whenever the surface is too hot to touch.
- Very easy to clean because of its smooth top.
- Able to heat up very quickly and will save you a lot of your time.
- It has a standard size that is likely to fit all kitchens.
- It has an elegant outlook.
- Its smooth glass top is prone to scratch marks and will require a special cleaning agent.
- The installation process is complicated and will require a professional.
- It has a one-year warranty and can only be replaced by an authorized GE dealer.
Despite the hassle of installation and replacement and delicate surface, the GE PP9830DJBB 30 Inch Downdraft Cooktop is a top choice as the best downdraft electric cooktop because of its beautiful and safe design. Not only can it change the look of your kitchen, but it will also do its best to prevent any accidents in the kitchen.
2. Best Budget: Frigidaire FFEC3025UB Electric Cooktop
Just like the previous one, this too is a 30" electric downdraft cooktop that is bound to be a perfect fit for your kitchen.
Due to its unique build, it can accommodate cookware of any sizes, so there is no need to purchase special cookware for this downdraft cooktop.
The beautiful ceramic glass cooktop is also very simple to use. But what makes it special is the Frigidaire Fit Promise listed below.
- Has a 3000 W powerful Quick Boil Element that heats up fast.
- Contains a SpaceWise Expandable Element that fits all pan sizes
- Frigidaire Fit Promise that says if the 30” downdraft cooktop doesn’t fit your existing countertop of the same size, your installation cost will be discounted for up to 100 bucks.
- It has a ceramic glass top that is easy to wipe.
- It has "Ready-Select" controls - easy to understand and use.
- The cooktop heats up fast.
- Very simple to use.
- The promise of discount or reimbursement
- It has a noisy fan.
- Not easy to install; requires a certified professional for installation.
If you look past the complication of the installation, the Frigidaire FFEC3025UB 30 Inch Electric Smoothtop Cooktop is a good choice. It provides the guarantee of the best fit, is easy to clean, and gets the job done perfectly. Moreover, it is simple and can be used by anyone with ease.
3. Best Powerful: Ramblewood EC4-604 Downdraft Cooktop
The Ramblewood 4 Burner 30" Electric Downdraft Cooktop is a popular product in the market as maximum users provided positive review after using this.
The feature that sets this downdraft electric cooktop apart from its competitors is its 6000W burner that can provide heat within a very wide range and has a good number of power levels to choose from.
This electric cooktop will last you years because of its durable design.
- 6000 W Radiant Burner
- 30” standard size
- Durable Italian ceramic glass top
- German quality, UL safety approved burner.
- Analog-control 9 power levels
- Heat indicator for hot surface warning
- German quality burner, as opposed to Chinese ones featured in most other models.
- The range of power levels and an analog control system will help you select the exact temperature you would like.
- Italian ceramic glass top is not likely to get scratch marks easily.
- Easy to install
- It does not heat up fast.
A distinct disadvantage of the Ramblewood EC4-604 Downdraft Cooktop is that it doesn't contain a quick-heating element like the other two mentioned above.
However, what sets it above and apart is the fact that it can provide much higher temperatures and will allow you to cook in a wide range of temperatures that you can choose with precision.
This electric cooktop with a downdraft vent will also last you a long time due to its strong build. It might just be the right choice.
4. Best For Bridge Element: GE PP9830SJSS 30 Downdraft Cooktop
Another one from GE, this 30" downdraft electric cooktop comes with four burners. It is quick and efficient in its job because of its PowerBoil element that will help the cooktop reach your desired temperature within a very short span of time.
What is most special about this downdraft electric cooktop is that it comes with a bridge element that will help you join two burners to create a larger cooking surface; it enables you to use cookware of your desired size.
It is made of stainless steel and has a high-speed downdraft exhaust system that may make it the best fit for your kitchen.
- A powerful high-speed exhaust system that effectively removes unwanted elements in the air within seconds.
- It can accommodate cookware of many different sizes due to the adjustability of the cooking surface area.
- You have to purchase an additional air connection between the downdraft on the stove and the air vent.
- Installation is expensive.
The GE PP9830SJSS 30 Inch Downdraft Electric Cooktop is definitely one of our favorites. You may have to spend a few extra bucks to buy an air connection because it does not come with it.
However, what sets it apart from its competitors in the market is its powerful heating and exhaust system. It can shorten your cooking time by a lot and also keep your kitchen air clean. As a result, you will never have to spend too much time cooking or cleaning.
Besides, its bridge element will easily accommodate your large pots and pans, which other cooktops wouldn't. All in all, it does its job well as the best electric cooktop with downdraft.
5. Multiple Sizes Availabilities: EMPV-IDCF9 36 Electric Induction Cooktop
Empava 36” Electric Stove Induction Cooktop is the first 36” downdraft cooktop in our list. This elegant black cooktop is comprised of 5 large booster burners best for large pan sizes.
So if you're someone who loves to host dinner parties at your house, this downdraft cooktop may be the right one for you.
Apart from its large size, it also has a durable cooking surface made of Vitro ceramic glass and has touch controls that are easy to understand.
It also happens to be an induction cooktop and, as a result, will give you more control over temperature settings.
- 36” electric stove induction cooktop with five large burners.
- Has a hard Vitro ceramic glass cooking surface that will not be damaged easily and will last you a long time
- Built-in timer, so there is no need to buy an additional timer for cooking.
- Children lock, so you can safely leave your stove unattended while cooking without having to worry about children playing with the control knobs.
- Multiple power levels to choose from.
- Bridge element that helps connect burners to form an even larger burner when desired.
- The large surface area of the cooktop and five burners. If you are someone who likes to cook a lot of food, then you can conveniently cook more than three dishes simultaneously.
- It has a Child Lock that will prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- A built-in timer that helps track cooking time.
- The installation process is expensive.
The EMPV-IDCF9 36” Electric Cooktop is an excellent downdraft electric cooktop. It may be a tad more expensive than other downdraft cooktops in the market, but it is considered as the best electric cooktop with downdraft. It also has a big advantage over its competitors in terms of size. Therefore, It is perfect for spacious kitchens in large houses.
6. Best Elegant Look: GE PP7030SJSS 30 Inch Electric Cooktop
It is difficult to come across a standard 30" downdraft electric cooktop that has five burners. All standard sized cooktops are usually limited to four burners. The GE PP7030SJSS 30 Inch Electric Cooktop is a game-changer.
It houses five radiant burners in its compact surface area. Not only that, but it also has a bridge element that will be able to connect the small radiant burners to create a burner with a large surface area.
If you are thinking about buying this downdraft electric cooktop, then it is good news for you, because you do not have to toss your old pans, nor do you have to buy new special ones.
You can use pans of any size on this special cooktop. It also does its job without any kind of delay, because of the presence of quick heating elements and a Keep Warm feature.
- Standard 30" downdraft electric cooktop with smooth glass-ceramic top
- 6”/9” PowerBoil element that quickly heats up
- Keep Warm setting that keeps food warm for long periods
- Red LED backlit control knobs
- Bridge Element to connect burners
- Stainless steel
- Five burners even though the surface is only 30" provides benefits similar to a larger cooktop that tends to be more expensive
- PowerBoil element that heats up quickly
- Backlit knobs give the cooktop an attractive look
- Easy to clean
- Lack of safety features
- The installation cost is high.
For the GE PP7030SJSS 30 Inch Electric Cooktop the benefits outnumber the disadvantages. It is a perfect fit for people with smaller kitchens that cannot accommodate a 36” downdraft electric cooktop. This particular downdraft cooktop provides benefits similar to the ones of larger size.
It has an overall elegant look, complete with control knobs that light up when the stove is on. However, its lack of safety measures such as the Child Lock or the Hot Surface Warning may be a cause of concern. It is not recommended for households with small children.
7. Best Color Option: Frigidaire FFEC3024LB 30 Black Electric Cooktop
This is another one of Frigidaire's popular downdraft cooktops. It has a 30" standard size cooking surface and comes in color black. Its most attractive feature is its color.
Aside from being completely black, its control knobs are also perfectly color-coordinated. It blends in perfectly with the color pattern of any kitchens.
This cooktop has four burners, which can be used simultaneously. It also comes with built-in safety features such as the hot surface indicator.
- 30" standard size cooktop with four burners
- Four heating elements.
- Color-coordinated control knobs
- Ready-select control system
- Hot surface indicator – warns when the surface is too hot.
- The black color makes the exterior look class.
- It consumes lesser power.
- Hot surface indicator lights ensure safety.
- It does not come with a bridge element, so you may no longer be able to use larger pans.
- The glass top is not of particularly high quality and may be prone to damage.
- Not easy to clean.
8. Best Large One: GE JP3030DJBB Smoothtop Electric Cooktop
When it comes to the best electric downdraft cooktop, GE has plenty to offer. GE JP3030DJBB 30 Inch Smoothtop Electric Cooktop is a fine example of a 30” downdraft cooktop, and it is also available in a larger 36" option.
It also has a special feature that the others on this list lack – the inbuilt feature that helps keep food warm long after it has been cooked.
Aside from that, it has knob controls, as opposed to touch controls, which makes it pretty simple to use and even easy to repair.
This stylish black electric downdraft cooktop has a smooth ceramic glass top and four radiant heating elements. In addition to having a stunning exterior, it offers quick performance die to its two PowerBoil elements that heat up in the blink of an eye.
- 30” standard size smooth top electric cooktop
- Keep Warm Setting – an inbuilt feature that includes a timer and can help you keep food warm for the desired amount of time.
- Two 8” PowerBoil elements for fast heating
- Black in color, sleek surface.
- Four radiant cooking elements.
- The Keep Warm feature is unique and will help you avoid the lengthy process of reheating food.
- Two PowerBoils, as opposed to one in other cooktops.
- Lack of a Bridge Element. It means that you may not be able to use specific cookware.
- The installation process is complicated and can only be done by a GE certified professional.
This is the perfect downdraft electric cooktop for busy people. Due to its extra PowerBoil, this cooktop heats up extremely fast and gets the job done in an impressive amount of time. Besides, its Keep Warm feature will help you save more time by eliminating the hassle of microwaving food again before dinner. So if you are someone who is always on the go, this is the perfect fit for you.
9. Best Built In Cooktop: GE JP3030SJSS 30 Smoothtop
This 30" standard downdraft electric cooktop comes in a humble design. It has four radiant burners and a smooth glass top that gives it a sleek look.
Its specialty is the Keep Warm setting that helps to keep food warm and fresh as long as it is on the burner.
The cooktop is also pretty straightforward and simple to use due to its control knobs.
- 30" standard-sized cooktop, glass top.
- Four radiant burners and heating elements that can be used simultaneously.
- Requires 240 V
- Control knobs that are easy to use.
- Keep Warm Setting coupled with an inbuilt timer that helps keep food warm for the desired amount of time.
- Keep Warm setting reduces hassle.
- 30” standard size that is likely to fit all kitchens, especially if you are replacing another GE cooktop.
- Control knobs can be easily used, and can also be fixed if damaged – which is not the case with touch controls.
- No PowerBoil element, which means that cooktop will not heat up very fast.
- No Bridge Element, meaning you will not be able to use large cookware.
- The glass top is prone to marks and may require cleaning with a special formula.
The GE JP3030SJSS 30 Inch Smoothtop Electric Cooktop does not have very many features as its competitors on the list. In fact, it is pretty simple. However, it is a budget-friendly choice compared to the rest, and also has a Keep Warm setting that makes it a good choice.
10. Best Fastest Cooktop: Frigidaire FFEC3625UB
This is another one of Frigidaire's downdraft electric cooktop that comes in a large 36" size. It is perfect for larger kitchens, and its black color will add a classy touch too.
The Frigidaire FFEC3625UB has a ceramic glass top and contains five burners, one more than most other downdraft electric cooktops available in the market.
It provides radiant heat, as opposed to induction, and heats up rather quickly.
Due to its large size, the burners are also larger. However, you will still be able to use any pan sizes and will not require special pans for this downdraft electric cooktop.
- 36" downdraft electric cooktop with ceramic glass top
- Five radiant burners that heat up quickly
- Black in color
- No special cookware required
- Its large size is impressive. Despite the largeness, it is still able to accommodate smaller pan sizes.
- Five radiant burners will enable to cook more than one dish at the same time
- Easy to clean
- The glass top is not very high quality and may be prone to breakage.
- Large size may not be able to fit into certain cutouts.
- No Bridge Element which means burners cannot be joined.
- No inbuilt fan system.
The Frigidaire FFEC3625UB 36 Inch Electric Smoothtop Cooktop is a good choice for you if you have a large, well-ventilated kitchen. You should keep in mind that it may be slower than many of its competitors due to the lack of quick heating features.
It may also not be safe if you have small children in the house. However, if you enjoy cooking a lot of food, then it is a good choice for you since it has five fairly large burners.
Consider Before Buying A Downdraft Electric Cooktop
What is a Downdraft Electric Cooktop?
People have been accustomed to using gas or electric stovetops that come with a large overhead cooking hood or extractor fans that occupy much of the kitchen space. For compact kitchen spaces, it is quite a problem because the overhead elements occupy a lot of precious space. Electric cooktops with downdraft vents are a game-changer.
A downdraft cooktop comes with a fan that sucks unwanted air downwards, channels it through a pipe that goes through the floor, and directs it outside the house. Therefore, there is no need for any overhead hood to capture the smoke and fumes. Such electric cooktops with downdraft vents are designed to be compact and save you a lot of space in your kitchen.
Apart from being compact, downdraft electric cooktops also have many other features that make it more efficient than your regular electric cooktops. But you have to be careful while choosing from the many varieties of cooktops available in the market. Downdraft electric cooktops are more expensive than regular cooktops.
Therefore, if you do not end up choosing the right model that will best replace your old stove, you may be stuck with a bad deal. Listed below are some features of downdraft electric cooktops that you have to look for when making a purchase:
1. Size of Cooktop
The standard size for cooktops is 30 inches, and that is the size that most kitchens are built to accommodate. Many downdraft electric cooktops in the market come in the 30” standard size. However, not all of them do. If you are thinking about buying a downdraft electric cooktop to replace your old model, then you must first be sure that it will fit the cutout of your kitchen. Look for models that guarantee to be 30" in size.
You may also prefer models that go a step ahead and provide reimbursement or discount in the installation costs if the fit isn't as claimed. But in case you want a larger cooktop, you may opt for the 36" electric downdraft cooktop. If you frequently host parties at your house or have to prepare large meals often, a 36" downdraft electric cooktop is your best option.
2. Heating elements
The first and foremost job of any cooktop is to provide a sufficient amount of heat for cooking. No matter how fancy your cooktop is or how many features it has, if it is not able to heat up properly, it is a complete waste of money. So before buying a downdraft electric cooktop, you must give careful consideration to the kind of heating elements that the cooktop uses.
The best downdraft electric cooktop must have ribbon heating elements under the surface. Ribbon heating elements are powerful and will provide high heat beneath the ceramic or glass surface that will quickly heat the top.
One of the biggest problems of electric cooktops is that they do not heat up instantly like gas burners. However, the best downdraft electric cooktops in the market come with special heating elements such as the PowerBoil that heats up instantly and will help you reach your preferred temperature very quickly.
3. Smooth Top
The best downdraft electric cooktop should also have a smooth ceramic or glass surface. While searching for the best cooktop, always look for the one with a durable and strong cooking surface. Cooking surfaces are very prone to spots and scratch marks, so look for a one which is made of Italian ceramic.
Cooktops that have Italian ceramic surfaces have an advantage over others because Italian ceramic is the sturdiest in the market and will protect against unwanted marks.
Also, downdraft cooktops with smooth tops are also much easier to clean. There is no need to scrub the surface to get rid of stains, nor is there a need to use special cleaning formulas that a regular cooktop requires.
4. Bridge Elements
It is important to keep in mind that if you replace your old cooktop with an electric downdraft cooktop, you may no longer be able to use cookware that you have always been using. Many downdraft cooktops in the market can only accommodate cookware of certain sizes, which means you may end up spending a lot more than you expected to buy new cookware. Especially if you prefer cooking in larger pans, you may be in trouble.
Therefore, a highly desirable factor that you must look for while purchasing a downdraft electric cooktop is the presence of the Bridge Element. Downdraft cooktops with Bridge Elements will help you connect two burners, creating one large burner.
As a result, you can conveniently use your larger cookware. When required, you can also adjust the size of the burner to be smaller. This way, you will be able to cook in your existing cookware, without having to throw anything away or purchasing anything new.
5. Safety Elements
Apart from being efficient, a downdraft electric cooktop must also ensure the ultimate safety for you and your home. Accidents involving cooktops in the kitchen are not rare. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to ensure that the downdraft cooktop has certain safety elements in it.
Often, parents leave the stove unattended when something is being cooked on it. At times like this, children may meddle with the stove out of curiosity. This can result in terrible accidents. Child Locks in downdraft electric cooktops will prevent such accidents.
Hot Surface Indicator
Every electric cooktop must have this built-in feature. These are lights that will indicate when the surface is too hot to touch and will prevent burn accidents that are very common in the kitchen.
This is a feature that many downdraft electric cooktops in the market lack. However, the best electric cooktop must have an inbuilt timer. If you make the right purchase, you will not have to spend extra money on buying a timer from the store.
7. Keeping Food Warm
This is a special feature not found in most downdraft electric cooktops. It is a feature that will keep the food warm as long as it is on the burner. An inbuilt timer will give you the option to choose the amount of time for which you want to keep the pot warm. As a result, you will not have to worry about heating the food again before eating.
8. Automatic Pan Size Recognition
As explained before, an ideal downdraft electric cooktop will be able to accommodate cookware of all sizes. If you want to do that, it must also be able to recognize the pan sizes and adjust their size accordingly.
While buying your new downdraft cooktop, you will have to check if the burner will adjust to different pan sizes. If not, you will have to spend a lot of money on buying new cookware for your new cooktop. The automatic pan size recognition feature will auto-adjust burners without you having to press buttons manually.
The right downdraft electric cooktops have several advantages. Its long list of impressive features set it apart from any other gas or electric cooktop. But before considering buying one, you will have to keep in mind that it comes with both advantages and disadvantages.
Replacing your old cooktop and installing a new one is a big hassle for most people, and one must hope that the time, energy and money spent in the process pays off.
Therefore, you must be well acquainted with both the pros and cons of downdraft electric cooktops. Once you have weighed both the upsides and the downsides, you can finally decide if the downdraft electric cooktop is worth your bucks. Here are some Pros and Cons of downdraft electric cooktops
9. Consider Advantages of Downdraft Cooktop
Elegant and Compact
By definition, downdraft electric cooktops are much more compact than other cooktops. Due to the absence of the large overhead hood, downdraft cooktops occupy much lesser space in the kitchen, making room for any other thing you may like.
For people with smaller kitchens, electric cooktops with downdraft vents are a perfect match. Not only will they free up space in the kitchen, but they will also make your kitchen look larger and airy. Moreover, downdraft cooktops are more stylish in comparison to gas stoves with overhead hoods.
Their sleek and modern design places them above all other cooktops in the market. They come in stainless steel builds with ceramic or glass cooking surfaces. White or black downdraft electric cooktop will enhance the beauty of your kitchen and will blend in perfectly with the existing color pattern of your house.
Easy to clean
Downdraft electric cooktops usually have smooth surfaces made of glass or ceramic. Smooth surfaces enhance the beauty of your kitchen but that isn't their only job. Smooth tops are also much easier to clean. They do not require vigorous scrubbing and special cleaning agents. A light swipe with a rug is enough to keep the top squeaky clean.
Also, in regular cooktops with overhead hoods, the hood is likely to accumulate a lot of gunk and grease and cleaning it is quite an arduous task. However, with the downdraft electric cooktop, that is never a problem because the air gets sucked downwards immediately without having to pass through a hood.
Since downdraft cooktops do not come with an additional extractor or hood, it is cheaper than most other cooktops that require overhead ventilation.
10. Consider Disadvantages of Downdraft Cooktop
May not be suitable for all kitchens
A downdraft electric cooktop may be smaller and more compact than its counterparts and may seem like a particularly good choice for small kitchens. However, that is not always the case. Although it does not have an overhead extractor, its ventilation process is much more complicated.
For the downdraft to work properly, there has to be adequate airflow in the kitchen. Regardless of size, the kitchen must be well ventilated. Otherwise, the smoke and grease will linger in the air for a long time.
Complicated installation process
Due to its compact size, a downdraft electric cooktop can easily be placed in your kitchen. However, the real hurdle is the setting up of the airways. Since downdraft cooktops do not have overhead hoods, the air passes through pipes that go through the floor of your kitchen.
Creating airways and placing those pipes requires quite a lot of construction and reconstruction work, which can prove to be quite expensive for many people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a downdraft electric cooktop?
Answer: It depends on what you are looking for in a cooktop. If your goals are to save space in the kitchen, then a downdraft electric cooktop is what you need. It does not have an extra overhead vent, which means it takes up much less space in the kitchen. If you want a cooktop that is easy to clean, then it is a good choice because in other cooktops with overhead hoods, grease accumulates quickly.
Do downdraft electric cooktops fit all kitchens?
Answer: Downdraft electric cooktops may not be suitable for all kitchens. Before purchasing one, you have to consider the following:
Is it easy to assemble and install?
Answer: Downdraft cooktops may be smaller and be easier to place inside your kitchen, but it comes with a lot of underlying construction work. Downdraft cooktops have air pipes that need to be placed through the floor. You will need technicians with enough knowledge about how downdraft pipelines are placed.
Should you get an electric downdraft cooktop or a gas one?
Answer: Consider the following before choosing a downdraft cooktop
How effective is the downdraft?
Answer: Some downdrafts may have limited ability to vent, especially from cookware that is farther away because the air is sucked downwards instead of upwards. While purchasing, it is important to look for a powerful exhaust fan then will effectively draw in all the fumes.
Is it safe to use downdraft cooktop?
Answer: Yes, it is inarguably safe if you choose the right kind. Many downdraft electric cooktops in the market today come with inbuilt safety features such as lights that will warn you when the surface is too hot, child locks, etc. Many accidents occur when children touch the control knobs out of curiosity. Child locks will prevent that from happening.
What is the power consumption of downdraft electric cooktops?
Answer: Most electric cooktops with downdraft vents will draw in between 2000 watts to 5000 watts, with the average wattage being around 3000 watts. On average, the smallest burner will draw in 1200 watts while the largest one will draw 3000 watts and will cost you around 14 cents and 36 cents per hour, respectively.
Times are changing and so are people's tastes. As newer technology replaces the old, we realize that our old appliances are no longer enough to keep up with our changing lifestyles. Modern homes require space-saving appliances that do their jobs effectively.
Old gas and electric stoves and ovens are quickly going obsolete because of their large size and inefficient system. In times like this, what better way to save space in the kitchen than a downdraft electric cooktop? A downdraft electric cooktop is a good fit for any kitchen because of its futuristic design.
Its smart design allows you to choose from a large range of temperatures and select the precise amount of heat you would like, something which couldn't have been possible with old ovens. It is safe to use and easy to understand; and will add an elegant touch to your old kitchen.
On top of that, it will keep your kitchen, and thus your home, smelling fresh at all times. If you have not done so already, you should certainly consider getting a downdraft electric cooktop to give your kitchen an instant upgrade.